Monday 21 April 2014

Update! - Scrivener Picture Book Template for the PC


In my last blog post I shared with you my Scrivener Picture Book Template and I was pleasantly surprised to see that I had over 200 downloads!  I had some great feedback from the kidlit community, especially the Mac users among them.  It seems the file doesn't always open in a PC for Windows users.

So I've had a look at it and created a new version for Windows that looks closer to how it looks on a Mac.  I've also incorporated a comment from bungld to change the name of the manuscript folder from "Picture Book Template" to "Picture Book Manuscript" in keeping with Scrivener nomenclature.

I also suspect people may have trouble opening a zip file, if so here is a useful video to help you through the process.  Speaking of videos, I am currently working on my own tutorial video on how to use this template which I hope to post soon.  Here are the links to the Windows templates:



8 comments:

  1. I've just started using Scrivener and can't wait to download your template tonight. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! Here's my YouTube video on how to use it if you get stuck. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the template. I'm getting ready to start a new picture book. It's the first one I've written using Scrivener... and the first time I've used Scrivener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Patricia, best of luck with the manuscript!

      Delete
  4. I was hunting for what template to use for CPB's and found THIS! YEA, Claire!!!! (I may come back for help - I've been using a blank template so far and have been a bit frustrated). Many thanks!!

    ReplyDelete